October 2012 CBA REPORT
Your 50/50 Campaign Dollars at Work
By Bonnie G. Camden, Grant Committee Chair CBF
October kicks off the Cincinnati Bar Foundation’s 2012 annual fundraiser, the 50/50 Campaign.
Last year, through gifts made during the 50/50 Campaign, we were able distribute $111,300 in grants that
directly impacted thousands of people in our community. We had great support from the legal community with 65
firms at 100 percent participation, meaning each and every member of the firm contributed at least $50 or more.
Contributions to the 50/50 Campaign assist the Foundation’s efforts to enhance the image of the legal profes-
sion and promote justice in the Greater Cincinnati community. Seed money and grants by the Foundation are made twice a year and
are concentrated in the areas of education and training programs to help lawyers improve themselves and their careers; legal educa-
tion, assistance programs and justice initiatives for our community; and improving the image of the legal profession.
We can make your $50 gift go a long way to help a huge number of people and organizations in our community. In 2011, we pro-
vided support to help a number of different groups throughout the community including the list below.
To help children:
• Children’s Law Center Inc. –
Juvenile Defender Leadership Summit
• iSPACE, Inc.
– Dinner and a Robot
• Pro Kids-
CASA University & Steps to Peace
To help citizens:
• CBA Military Law Committee –
Knowing Your Rights and Benefits Brochure
• CBA Professionalism Committee –
Beyond Civility: Communication for Effective Governance
• Central Clinic Inc. –
Alternative Interventions for Women
• G. G. Coalition for the Homeless –
Civil Rights & Resources Program
• Legal Aid Society of Cincinnati –
Pro Bono Divorce Clinic Expansion
To help curb violence:
• Cincinnati Works –
Cincinnati Initiative to Reduce Violence
• Ohio Justice & Policy Center
– Civil Impacts of Criminal Convictions Database
To educate the public about the law:
• Highlands High School
– We The People Program
• Law & Leadership Institute –
• N. KY Leadership Foundation
- Regional Youth Leadership/Law Day
• Summer Work Experience in Law
• Talbert House –
Helping Fathers Navigate Legal Waters
To support lawyers
Every year the members of the Cincinnati Bar Association count on the Foundation to fund popular programs. Some of which include:
• Cincinnati Bar Center fifth floor audio visual improvements
• Continuing legal education seminars
• Michael H. Neumark Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers Scholarships
• John L. Muething Lifetime Achievement in Law Award for Senior Counselors
• Ohio High School Mock Trial
• John P. Kiely Professionalism Award
• William A. McClain Scholarship
• Judicial Clerkship Scholarships through the Round Table Founders’ Fund
• Volunteer Lawyers for the Poor Recruitment Campaign
• John W. Warrington Community Service Award
It is important for our profession and the community that we continue to raise the bar. We give you the opportunity to join us.
The more support we receive for the 50/50 Campaign, the more grant money we can distribute to the Greater Cincinnati community.
Please join with the other members of the Bar who have already pledged their support, and make your contributions now.