The Cincinnati Bar Association currently has the following opening:
Continuing Legal Education Program Coordinator
The Cincinnati Bar Association, a non-profit association located in downtown Cincinnati, is hiring a Continuing Legal Education Program Coordinator. The position requires a self-motivated individual who is well organized, can work independently, is able to interact with members, and possesses database experience and excellent communication skills. Additional Requirements: Event planning experience, database management with website integration skills, Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Professional. Education: Minimum Associate degree.
Submit resume, cover letter and three references, to HR@cincybar.org
No phone calls, please.
Lawyer Referral Intake Assistant
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for answering the phone in a courteous and timely manner; determining the nature of the caller's problem, assisting by referring the caller to an LRS panel attorney or directing the caller to an appropriate other agency or organization. This position is a heavy phones position.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Call Handling and Referrals
- Answer incoming telephone calls from the public according to call handling procedures
- Briefly interview the caller to determine the type of case or problem
- Accurately record the information in the database
- Refer the caller to the appropriate attorney or referral source
B. Other Duties
- Communicate with attorney members including e-newsletter and other correspondence
- Assist in Office Procedures (i.e. filing and compiling information for reports)
EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS, AND TRAINING:
- Required: High School diploma or equivalent. Fluent in both English and Spanish preferred.
- Preferred: Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Administration or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Requires a minimum of 1-3 years of customer service experience or related work experience, including strong customer service skills, data entry and other computer-related skills. Knowledge of some areas of law helpful.
ADDITIONAL SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Database experience is a plus. Computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 or better, Microsoft Word and Outlook. Excellent telephone skills including pleasant speaking voice and ability to articulate clearly and listen effectively.
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
Schedule: Flexible, Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30 and 5:00.