- What can I do if my landlord won’t return my deposit?
- How should I document decline in a rental property to protect my security deposit?
- Can I change my child’s last name from the father’s surname to my surname?
- Do I need the consent of the father of my abandoned child for him/her to be adoped by another man?
- When my former employee is called during the process of a new job, what are they allowed to say/not say?
- Bankruptcy/Foreclosure/Other Financial Problems
- Copyrights/Patents/Other Intellectual Property
- General Legal Information
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Social Security/Disability
- Wills/Trusts/Other Probate
Your options at this point are still numerous. However, be aware that as your case progresses through the legal system you start to have fewer and fewer options until finally you have none. Continue reading
In a debt management program, you are paying the company a monthly debt management payment for a period of usually 3 to 6 years that they will apply to a monthly payment to each credit card in the program until the debt has been paid. Continue reading
Generally, debt settlement is a process in which a company, individual attorney or law firm negotiates settlements of your debts after you pay a fee and pay into an escrow account for many months or years. Continue reading
While your exemptions allow you to keep property even in a Chapter 7 case, your exemptions do not make any difference to the right of a mortgage holder or car loan creditor to take the property to cover the debt if you are behind. In a Chapter 13 case, you can keep all of your property if your plan meets the requirements of the bankruptcy law. Continue reading