Should I report an accident to my insurance agent?

by Timothy B. Heather, Lawyer Referral Service Panelist

Be sure to report an accident to your insurance agent, even if the accident wasn’t your fault.  You may need to make a claim under your collision coverage for your vehicle if the at fault party doesn’t have insurance.  You will need to cooperate fully with your own insurance company.  If your insurance company asks for a recorded statement, give it one. You always have the right to have your counsel present when you do so, and you should seriously consider such if you plan on making any claims of your own. However, if the other party’s insurance company asks for a recorded statement, you are not required to give one and you may want to consult a lawyer before making any kind of comment regarding an accident particularly in a situation where you or someone else has been hurt.

Click here to find an attorney in this area of law.

This entry was posted in Accidents/Insurance and tagged , , , , , , , , , , .

Comments are closed.

Home CLE Membership Foundation Committees/Groups Careers News & Resources About Us Contact Us