I was in a car accident. Can I pay money to the other person?

by Timothy B. Heather, Lawyer Referral Service Panelist

Don’t offer the other side payment unless your own lawyer recommends that you do so.  Any such payment could be construed as your admission of fault and, unless you obtain a release of all claims, it will not relieve you of further liability.  If you have liability insurance coverage, your insurance company will defend you and either settle the claim or pay any judgment rendered against you up to the extent of your insurance coverage.

Click here to find an attorney in this area of law.

This entry was posted in Accidents/Insurance and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Home CLE Membership Foundation Committees/Groups Careers News & Resources About Us Contact Us