Monthly Archives: December 2014

What can I do if my landlord won’t return my deposit?

Your landlord is required to return your security deposit to you within 30 days of the termination of the rental agreement. Continue reading

Posted in Real Estate, Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , , | Comments Off

How should I document decline in a rental property to protect my security deposit?

Pictures, videos, and any other documented evidence will help you if you ever find yourself in court in regards to a security deposit. Continue reading

Posted in Real Estate | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

Can I change my child’s last name from the father’s surname to my surname?

If the father does not consent to the name change, then a formal hearing on the matter is required. The father will have written notice of the hearing and may object to the change at the hearing. Continue reading

Posted in Wills/Trusts/Other Probate | Tagged , , , , , , | Comments Off

Do I need the consent of the father of my abandoned child for him/her to be adoped by another man?

If the father has taken certain legal steps to establish paternity, then you would need to show that he has only had minimal contact with the child or failed to support the child for one year. Continue reading

Posted in General Legal Information, Uncategorized, Wills/Trusts/Other Probate | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Comments Off
Home CLE Membership Foundation Committees/Groups Careers News & Resources About Us Contact Us