- What can I do if my landlord won’t return my deposit?
- How should I document decline in a rental property to protect my security deposit?
- Can I change my child’s last name from the father’s surname to my surname?
- Do I need the consent of the father of my abandoned child for him/her to be adoped by another man?
- When my former employee is called during the process of a new job, what are they allowed to say/not say?
- Bankruptcy/Foreclosure/Other Financial Problems
- Copyrights/Patents/Other Intellectual Property
- General Legal Information
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Social Security/Disability
- Wills/Trusts/Other Probate
The Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) is a federal program that offers loan modifications that can lower your interest rate, lower your payments, and help you keep your home and avoid foreclosure. Continue reading
A Short Sale is when you have found a buyer for your home, but the price is not enough to pay off the lender and all other creditors/lienholders on the title. Continue reading
A Deed in Lieu is when you decide NOT to keep the house and the lender has agreed to accept it back from you as full payment on the loan. Continue reading
With a Forbearance Agreement, the foreclosure case is NOT dismissed. Rather, the lender and you sign off that the case will not be moved forward to foreclosure if you make payments on time, pay down the back payments, and start making the future monthly payments on time. Continue reading
In a Reinstatement Plan, the foreclosure case is dismissed and you borrow the money to make up the back payments completely and have the income to make the future payments going forward. Continue reading