- When my former employee is called during the process of a new job, what are they allowed to say/not say?
- What is an ‘at-will’ employee?
- What is my next step after I have been wrongfully terminated?
- What constitutes discrimination in the workplace?
- If I sign my assets over to my children now, will they have to claim as income and be taxed?
After you have filed your original claim for SSD or SSI and are denied, you can appeal the decision. This also is typically a good time to consult an attorney about the appeal process and to get help with gathering information for your hearing.
Continue reading →
I have filed for Social Security Disability, but haven’t heard anything for months. Should I contact an attorney?
After Social Security receives a filing and opens a file, it is then sent to the corresponding state agency for review. Altogether, this process typically takes between four and five months. Continue reading →